Cinema, Mon Amour, directed by Alexandru Belc and co-produced by HBO Europe, will premiere on HBO Romania on December 17, 2015, at 8.00 PM. The documentary will also be available online on HBO GO.
Cinema, Mon Amour follows the story of Victor Purice – manager, former projectionist and lifetime cinephile along with his two employees, Cornelia & Lorena, in their everyday battle to preserve Dacia Panoramic Cinema in Piatra Neamt – one of the last remaining cinemas in Romania today. Having lived through “the golden age” of cinema, Victor dreams of bringing back the good old glory days, yet struggles to keep up with the new harsh reality. In a theater that lacks heating and is slowly falling apart, with no support from the State who owns the place, it’s almost a Don Quixote fight.
- Producer: Tudor Giurgiu / Libra Films
- Co-Producers: Radovan Síbrt, Viktória Hozzová / Pink Productions
- Producer HBO Europe: Hanka Kastelicová
- Producers HBO Romania: Andra Radu, Aurelian Nica
- Executive Producers: Bogdan Crăciun, Viktória Hozzová
- International Sales: Catherine Le Clef / CAT&Docs
- With the support of: State Cinematography Fund Czech Republic and Creative Europe Programme – MEDIA of the European Union