The docu-drama Occasional Spies/ Spioni de ocazie, written and directed by Oana Bujgoi Giurgiu enters post-production after two years of intensive production work. Her second feature length documentary after Aliyah Dada (Gopo Award for Best Documentary in 2016) focuses on a Second World War less-known story about ordinary people recruited by British Intelligence and sent in a mission in German-occupied Eastern Europe, to find escape routes for the Allies’ war prisoners and organize the resistance.
Filming took place in various locations in Israel, Slovakia, and Romania (Oradea, Cluj, Bucharest, Talpa, Lake Vidraru) and involved a numerous cast.
As a project, the film received the Special Mention – Balkan Documentary Center Discoveries 2016.
Occasional Spies is produced by Libra Film Productions and supported by the Romanian National Film Center. The world premiere is scheduled for the end of this Spring.
- Directed and written by: Oana Giurgiu
- Editing: Letiția Ștefănescu
- Cinematograpghy: Alexandru Gâlmeanu
- Sound: Sebastian Zsemlye
- Executive producer: Bogdan Crăciun
- Producers: Oana Bujgoi Giurgiu, Tudor Giurgiu
- Cast: Claudia Droc, Cristian Hordilă, George Bârsan, Andrei Gâjulete, Ioan Paraschiv, Mihai Niţă, Daniel Achim, Marius Bălănescu, Elena Stancu, Paul Ipate, Sandu Ilie, Ninel Petrache