- NastyThe internationaly appealing story of Ilie Năstase. Bad boy. 70 Sports Icon. Tennis Hall of Famer.
- The Spruce Forest/ Pădurea de molizi An examination of the Soviet slaughter of thousands of Romanian villagers from Bessarabia and Northern half of Bukovina at the Fantana Alba forest in April 1st, 1941.
- One Hour in Mamaia / O ora la Mamaia1985, communist Romanian at the seaside. A 14 year old Romanian boy and a 13 year old Swedish girl. They begin a correspondence that will last for over two decades. It’s a story about communism seen through the eyes of two teenagers who live in radically different societies and about Europe itself.
- Occasional Spies / Spioni de ocazie (2021)A Second World War less-known story about ordinary people recruited by British Intelligence and sent in a mission in German-occupied Eastern Europe, to find escape routes for the Allies’ war prisoners and organize the resistance. A very In the spring of 1944, the fate of many Allied pilots who fell in Eastern Europe was unknown. […]
- Wild Romania (2021)Wild Romania is the most elaborate documentary film project dedicated to Romania’s nature and wildlife. After thousands of kilometres, hundreds of hours of raw footage and more than ten years of pre-production, the feature offers never seen before images from spectacular regions, as well as singular stories about the country’s biodiversity.
- Cinema, Mon Amour (2016)Cinema, Mon Amour follows the story of Victor Purice – manager, former projectionist and lifetime cinephile along with his two employees, Cornelia & Lorena, in their everyday battle to preserve Dacia Panoramic Cinema in Piatra Neamt – one of the last remaining cinemas in Romania today. Having lived through the golden age of cinema, Victor […]
- In Search of the Lost Father / În căutarea tatălui pierdut (2016)When John was born, in 1934, his mother gifted him with three names: John, Constantin, and Brâncuşi. She told him his father was Constantin Brâncuşi, the famous sculptor, but that he was never to tell a soul. John kept this a secret his entire life. Today, at the age of 78, he embarked on a […]
- Aliyah DaDa / Aliyah DaDa (2015)Aliyah DaDa presents a well documented history of Jews in Romania. In 1882, a small community in Moinești was leaving for the Holy Land, to establish one of the first settlements in Palestine. Since then, the path of Jews towards Israel has been intertwined with the history of modern Romania through a love-hate bond, the […]
- The Tanase Affair / Afacerea Tanase (2013)In 1982 the newly elected president of France François Mitterrand faces romanian dictator Nicolae Ceausescu through an espionage story worthy of a police novel, a conflict during the Cold War a backstage fight between the secret services of the two countries DST and the Securitate. In january 1982, Ceausescu asks one of his agents to […]
- 8th of March / 8 Martie (2012)A derelict coal mine, a tramway depot, a small ready-made clothing workshop of a former fashion house, a dairy factory, and a world of women who lived their youth in communism. In capitalism, they work in difficult conditions but they do not complain. Their simple and humane stories form a complicated historical puzzle. Routine, frustration, […]
- Children of Uranium / Copiii Uraniului (2009)There are several legends about the discovery of the uranium ore deposits from Baita. Some of them say that Soviet would have been accidentally discovered the ore in the early 50’s. Others say that the Germans were informed about its existence and they even built an acces road. It is said that if the Germans […]
- Birds Way / Drumul pasarilor (2009)Birds Way is a magical realist story, an Eastern European fairy tale – a creative documentary that follows the daily routine of an Old Believer community struggling to survive and maintain their traditions in spite of the overwhelming intrusion of modernity. In the Danube Delta, in Periprava, the old ones die and the traditions are […]
- Australia (2009)In 2008, Romania participated for the first time in the Homeless World Cup Finals, which took place in Melbourne. This is the story of the seven players in the national squad, from the moment they came together as a team and until the end of the tournament. Go Romania! A film about ”the first participation of […]
- The Great Communist Bank Robbery / Marele jaf comunist (2005)In 1959, in Romania, six former members of the nomenklatura and the secret police organise a hold up of the National Bank. After their arrest, the state forces them to play themselves in a film which reconstitutes the crime and the investigation. At the end of their trial, filmed live, they are sentenced to death […]